How can a Smartpen Help Students and Professionals?
Your smartpen has an unlimited range of potential applications for teachers, students and parents, business and healthcare professionals among others.
Some of the most exciting uses pertain to an educational environment. I have assisted in schools and tutored for more than thirty-five years. I’ve traveled a lot and talked to educators in the US and Europe about best practices. I listed some of the more obvious uses of a Livescribe digital smartpen in a educational environment.
College and Professionals
Having raised three sons and supported their college education, I later worked as a traveling a IT business professional for more than 25 years.
There are many exciting uses for college and professional users. Seventy percent of Livescribe digital smartpens are purchased by college students and business professionals. I have also listed the most popular uses of a Livescribe digital smartpen for professionals,
How Can a Smartpen Help?
Below are some of the more common uses of a Digital Smartpen in both an Educational Environment, and for College Students and Professionals:
1 Take smart notes using a digital smartpen; the student or professional can record every word of a lecture or conversation–or “Never Miss a Thought” by recording the highlights. At the same time the student or professional can jot down handwritten notes, perhaps designed for searching and drawings.
2. Record handwritten notes and drawings at the same time the voice recorder is capturing a complete audio recording. For example, an IT professional may draw a Data Flow Diagram on a board while describing the process and data requirements or a teacher can draw a mathematical formula on the board while verbally describing the solution and steps.
3. Integrate recordings, synchronize and store on pen or computer. The recordings will be synthesized to the original recording, making it possible to update recordings in the future.
4. Create and manage interactive multimedia Custom Virtual Notebooks on a user’s personal web space, Livescribe Desktop, and share with colleagues, friends and study groups who do not own a smartpen
5. Support Smart Communication by sharing pencasts and notebooks via email, computer, mobile phone for collaboration through study groups and colleagues, Evernote and Livescribe Community with professional colleagues, customers, and friends.
6. Facilitate evaluation of student or professional work and quality of training
How can a Smartpen Help a Student?
1. Help ESL and other language learners acquire language proficiency and overcome skill deficits more quickly. The Livescribe digital voice recorder captures every word of the teacher for replay later at a slower speed. With a language translator module, practice vocabulary as you tap a word and hear pronunciation, translation and definition.
2. The future is now: Let’s begin building an online catalogue of teaching and learning aids. For example, Livescribe has given tools to create interactive story books for children. Record audio and add a sound sticker on every page of a beloved storybook to “read the story” and another sound sticker on each page to record the sound of the monster or a favorite animal pictured. Children will not have to wait for a absent parent or a non-English speaking parent. Parents can create an audio for each page that is on the level of the child and addresses the child’s interests. Each sticker is re-positionable and reusable. This year your 3 year old may respond best to a sentence or two a page-a year from now she may be an avid listener ready for a great deal more detail.
3.Create multisensory lessons to reach students with different learning styles: for example create interactive flash cards and Word Walls using the Livescribe Digital Voice Recorder Sound Stickers App
A College Student or Professional?
1. Help foreign language learners acquire language proficiency and overcome skill deficits more quickly. The Livescribe digital voice recorder captures every word of a speaker for replay later at a slower speed. With a language translator module, a professional can practive vocabulary and work on pronunciation as you tap a word and hear pronunciation, translation and definition.
2. Building an online catalogue of standards, guidelines, etc. Record meeting minutes, action items etc. Add content, music, audio and drawings and replay as often as desired.
3.Create draft oral reports and record. Replay while taking notes on the changes desired.
4. Add audio to a sticky note for a notebook or journal page, text book page or conference notebook page. Keep like notes in the same place.
Consumer Notice: My pages may contain one or more affiliate links. That means if you buy something from one of them I may get paid an affiliate commission
Copyright 2011 All Rights Reserved DigitalSmartpen.com
Copyright, Susan Coursey, 2011