Digital Smartpen Livescribe CEO Positioned to be the Next Technology Visionary?
Many technological leaders have been hailed as visionaries who approciate the potential of their products and the importance of their markets.
According to the October 8-13 Economist article, Steve Jobs was an unusual visionary with technological smarts, strategic vision, and the sheer force of character to ensure success of his company, its products and the ways the products will be used.
The Economist comments “a lot of times people don’t know what they want until you show it to them.” Steve Jobs was great at doing that and telling us as well!
Livescribe is in a good position to take advantage of the sweeping changes in the world of technology, support the rollout of education reform in the US and the Livescribe tremendous competitive edge in digital smartpen technology.
The Livescribe CEO has moved his products to the forefront and has the background to understand how to position Livescribe smartpens to help educators, parents, and children.
Unlike Steve Jobs he has not made a concerted effort to show us the way, to show examples of how his products can be used as game changers in American education.
RECOMMENDATION: Dust off Livescribe Community Online
The Livescribe Community Online is a natural venue for the Livescribe Education Department to showcase top examples of Livescribe Smartpen Use in preschool, at home, elementary school and high school. Some ideas:
- Publish Christmas Songs in English and Spanish Many parents of elementary school children do not speak English; some do not read in Spanish or English. The children may sing a simple song like “Jingle Bells” at school and may not be able to share with their families. Publish “the words and music of Jingle Bells” on the Livescribe Online Community in English and Spanish.
- Provide guidelines for using the Livescribe Online Community even if parents don’t own a Livescribe Smartpen
- Sponsor contests for teachers to publish Christmas songs; publish the ten best songs and award a free Livescribe 2GB Echo Smartpen to the winner (or winners)
- Sponsor contests for elementary students to submit Christmas drawings; select winners and publish top ten drawings, award Livescribe 2GB Smartpen to each winner
- Sponsor contests for Christmas stories targeted to different age groups and reading levels and publish the winners. One example might be “Amahl and the Night Visitors”, a lovely story that could be told in English and Spanish with pictures illustrating the children’s favorite.
- Publish a pencast providing guidelines on developing a custom notebook of Christmas songs, one of Christmas stories and provide guidance on dragging and dropping songs.
- Publish a pencast on creating keywords and keyword phrases for searching the Livescribe Community Online successfully to find your favorites
- Publish the Livescribe Company’s favorite stories of how customers have used the Livescribe 2GB Echo Smartpen with their children to excite them about learning!
Steve Jobs smoked pot for ideas, creativity and stimulation. No need for pot if you excite the kids! The innovative CEO of Livescribe digital smartpen products has the products and market to be the next technology visionary. Can he show us the way?
My blogs may contain one of more affiliate links. That means if you buy something from one of them, I may get paid an affiliate commission.
Copyright Digital Smartpen.com 2012 All Rights Reserved